Thursday, August 14

are you dead or are you sleepin'?

So it's been a while. I've been in a bit of a creative slump this summer. Not just this summer. More like the last two seasons.
It's frustrating to look back at the past few months and really see nothing productive. I've been nannying, but all that entails is sitting around, waiting to taxi siblings to their various engagements. I've gotten reading done, but even that seems not much of an achievement. Now, summer is practically over. The expanse of time where I could have done so much while free from the constraints of studying is rocketing to a close. And I have done nothing but dry up and harden into a clump of...something uninspired.
One day, I received an unexpected package in the mail, and I felt something inside of me stir for the first time in ages. Somehow, she sensed what I needed without even knowing exactly what was going on. Best friends can be like that sometimes.

Thanks, Carly, for waking me up.




Okay, the stars are really a rip off of some shoes my mom decorated for me as a kid, but I loved those shoes. Now I can have them again.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

Maggie!!
It was so nice to get your comment?
How are you?
I'm hoping to be in Chicago soon, so we should definitely get together :)